=== BuddyPress ===
Contributors: johnjamesjacoby, DJPaul, boonebgorges, r-a-y
Tags: social networking, activity, profiles, messaging, friends, groups, forums, notifications, settings, twitter, facebook, social, community, networks, networking, cms
Requires at least: 3.5
Tested up to: 3.8.1
Stable tag: 1.9.2
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Social networking in a box. Build a social network for your company, school, sports team, or niche community.
== Description ==
BuddyPress lets users sign-up and start creating profiles, posting messages, making connections, creating and interacting in groups, and much more. A social network in a box, BuddyPress lets you easily build a community for your company, school, sports team, or other niche community.
Who's Using BuddyPress?
Take a look at some of the best sites on the BuddyPress Showcase.
Plugins: Adding So Much More
BuddyPress boasts an ever growing array of new features developed by an awesome plugin development community. There are more than 330 BuddyPress plugins available, and the list is growing every day. Check out our list of popular and recommended plugins; for a full list of plugins, please visit the BuddyPress.org plugins page. You can install any of these plugins automatically, using the plugin installer on your WordPress Dashboard.
Visit the BuddyPress website for more information about BuddyPress.
== Installation ==
You can download and install BuddyPress using the built in WordPress plugin installer. If you download BuddyPress manually, make sure it is uploaded to "/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/".
Activate BuddyPress in the "Plugins" admin panel using the "Activate" link. If you're using WordPress Multisite, you can optionally activate BuddyPress Network Wide, allowing its toolbar integration to appear on all of your sites, and optionally turning on post and comment aggregation to the Activity Stream too!
= Discussion Forums =
Try bbPress. It's designed to work cohesively with BuddyPress Groups, Profiles, and Notifications. Each group on your site can choose to have its own forum, and each user's topics, replies, favorites, and subscriptions appear in their profiles.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= Can I use my existing WordPress theme? =
Of course! BuddyPress works out-of-the-box with nearly every WordPress theme.
= Will this work on WordPress multisite? =
Yes! If your WordPress installation has multisite enabled, BuddyPress will support the global tracking of blogs, posts and comments.
= Where can I get support? =
The support forums can be found at http://buddypress.org/forums/.
= Where can I find documentation? =
The documentation codex can be found at http://codex.buddypress.org/.
= Where can I report a bug? =
Report bugs and participate in development at http://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org.
= Where can I get the bleeding edge version of BuddyPress? =
Check out the development trunk of BuddyPress via Subversion, from http://buddypress.svn.wordpress.org/trunk/
== Screenshots ==
1. **Activity Streams** - Global, personal, and group activity streams with threaded commenting, direct posting, favoriting and @mentions. All with full RSS feeds and email notification support.
2. **Extended Profiles** - Fully editable profile fields allow you to define the fields users can fill in to describe themselves. Tailor profile fields to suit your audience.
3. **User Settings** - Give your users complete control over profile and notification settings. Settings are fully integrated into your theme, and can be disabled by the administrator.
4. **Extensible Groups** - Powerful public, private or hidden groups allow your users to break the discussion down into specific topics. Extend groups with your own custom features using the group extension API.
5. **Friend Connections** - Let your users make connections so they can track the activity of others, or filter to show only those users they care about the most.
6. **Private Messaging** - Private messaging will allow your users to talk to each other directly and in private. Not just limited to one-on-one discussions, your users can send messages to multiple recipients.
7. **Blogging Network** - Allow your users to start their own blogs using WordPress's Multisite feature, and track posts and comments from across your blog network in the activity stream.
== Languages ==
BuddyPress is available in more than 20 languages. For more information, check out the translation page on the BuddyPress Codex.
== Upgrade Notice ==
= 1.9.2 =
= 1.9.1 =
= 1.9 =
= 1.8.1 =
= 1.8 =
= 1.7.3 =
= 1.7.2 =
= 1.7.1 =
= 1.7 =
= 1.6.5 =
= 1.6.4 =
= 1.6.3 =
= 1.6.2 =
Compatibility with WordPress 3.5
= 1.6.1 =
Fixes 4 bugs
= 1.6 =
= 1.5 =
= 1.2.9 =
Compatibility with WordPress 3.2
= 1.2.8 =
Compatibility with WordPress 3.1
= 1.2.7 =
Fixes over 10 bugs.
== Changelog ==
= 1.9 =
= 1.8.1 =
= 1.8 =
= 1.7 =
= 1.6 =
= 1.5 =
= Older =